What is a Single-entry Visa to Kenya?
A single-entry visa was introduced in 2005 by the Kenyan government and is designed for travelers who would like to visit Kenya for up to 90 days for purposes like tourism, business, or transit.
The visa application process is very convenient and easy. You can do everything online without visiting the embassy or consulate and save your time.
Just go to our website, fill out the application form, attach documents, pay the fee, and wait for the processing.
Then, you will receive a visa in PDF form via email. You should print it and have it with you, as the visa will be checked by the proper authorities.
Types of Kenya Single-entry Visa
There are three types of single-entry visas to Kenya:
- Tourist Visa – this Kenya e-Visa can be used only for tourism-related purposes such as sightseeing, leisure, or visiting friends. It is valid for 3 months and you can stay 90 days in the country with it.
- Business Visa – a single-entry visa for Kenya that can be used for meetings, dealings, or conferences.
- Transit Visa – this electronic visa is designed for travelers who transit through Kenya. It is valid for 72 hours from the date of entry to the country.
Requirements for a Single-entry Visa
When it comes to the requirements, you need to provide the necessary documents and meet all the conditions in order to get a Kenyan visa. Check them out before you apply.
If you want to get a Kenya visa online, you should gather:
- a valid passport (at least 6 months)
- photo of the face
- hotel reservation
- copy of a passport bio-data page
- return flight ticket.
For a business visa for Kenya, you need to meet the visa requirements and prepare:
- an invitation letter from a company based in Kenya
- photo of the face
- a photo of the passport bio-data page
- a valid passport
- copies of registration of the company
- ID, passport bio-data page, and immigration status of the representative
- flight tickets.
For a transit visa, you just need to have a passport (valid for 6 months or more) and a flight ticket.
How to apply for a Kenya Single-entry Visa?
Before you start the application process, check all the requirements and collect the necessary documents. Then:
- Fill in the application form. Provide basic information such as name, surname, passport number, date of birth, etc. Check the details twice to avoid mistakes that can lead to delays or rejection of the application.
- Pay the necessary fee. Choose the best payment method for you, like PayPal or a credit/debit card.
- Wait for the approval.
- Receive your business, transit, or tourist visa via email in PDF form.
Is it Possible to Renew a Kenya Single-entry Visa?
You can extend your visa during visiting Kenya for additional 90 days. This option is very convenient as you can stay in the country longer.
Other important information
Remember that you need to have a valid passport for at least 6 months and a visa to enter Kenya. Besides, prepare all necessary documents according to your chosen visa type.
Moreover, you must have with you a passport and an e-Visa for Kenya on arrival. You should print your visa and show it to the customs officials.
With tourist, business, and transit visas you can’t work in Kenya. Also, you need to pick the port of entry where the electronic visas are accepted:
- Eldoret International Airport
- Garissa Airport
- Jomo Kenyatta airport – Nairobi
- Kisumu Airport
- Lamu Airport
- Lokichogio Airport
- Malindi Airport
- Moi Airport – Mombasa
- Wajir International Airport
- Wilson Airport – Nairobi
- Kilindini Seaport
- Muhuru Bay Old Port
The Republic of Kenya is a beautiful place with a lot of attractions, marvelous landscapes, amazing culture, and tasty food. It offers much to visitors.
However, they need to remember to get a visa before they enter Kenya. A single-entry visa is the best option for everyone who wants to visit the country once.
The visa is valid for 90 days and comes in 3 types: tourist, business, or transit. The process of getting it is very easy and intuitive.